Birthday Cakes for Kids

With four little girls in our house, we have a lot of fun. One way we have fun & save few dollars is to make our own birthday cakes. They choose the theme and I do my best to make it happen. I'm not the best yet, but I am getting better. This blog is for me to share my ideas with you and also for you to share yours with the rest of us do-it-all moms.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Scooby Doo cake & cookies


This was made for my nephew.

For the cake, I used a 4 inch Wilton springform cake pan, whipped white Betty Crocker Icing with green and blue color blends. I should have added a little powdered sugar because once I got the coloring in it, it was a little thinner than I liked it to be.
I used chocolate icing for the lettering

For the cookies, I made Nestle Tollhouse recipe cookies and made them a bit large. Store-bought chocolate icing is piped all around a little used as glue for the Scooby decorations. I used store-bought chocolate because I can't seem to get it right as homemade.

I used a ridged steak knife to make the wiggles around the edge. If you click on the image, it will open as a much larger photo.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home