Birthday Cakes for Kids

With four little girls in our house, we have a lot of fun. One way we have fun & save few dollars is to make our own birthday cakes. They choose the theme and I do my best to make it happen. I'm not the best yet, but I am getting better. This blog is for me to share my ideas with you and also for you to share yours with the rest of us do-it-all moms.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Ariel Cupcake Cake

We are having Hannah's party away from home, so I thought I'd make cupcakes instead of trying to cut a cake on a playground. I frosted each one generously, then I took my spreader and smoothed them together.

I bought the cake topper at Walmart for $5... and it was broken. Thankfully, I had my trusty glue gun handy.

I made pink hearts on the cupcakes and filled each one with red sugar.

Tomorrow, I'll add her name and #6.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I really enjoyed viewing your website. I am a stay at home mom of a 2 year old and I have enjoyed making his birthday cakes so far and my mind races with all types of ideas when I am about to do a cake. I started taking the Wilton Cake Classes and even the Sugar Egss class in 2001 just to make birthday cakes for family. Well I have LOVED it and even made some Wedding Cakes! I have a blog as well, the address is www.cakesbyrobin.blogspot.com Please feel free to look at it and if you see anything you like or a how to a I will be happy to share it with you. I love the cupcake cakes but have never done one. Do you just scoot the cups cakes close together and hope they stay as you ice them? Please e-mail me at robin@elmore.rr.com if you have any questions or want to share some cake recipes. I have a wonderful carrot cake recipe!

Robin

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home